Flynn can help you turn a neglected, contaminated property into viable real estate. Whether your property is located in Ohio or Pennsylvania, Flynn professionals can help you turn a potential liability into a resource. Flynn is certified to conduct brownfields redevelopment projects under the Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program and the Pennsylvania DEP Land Recycling Program. We can assist you in exploring funding possibilities including applications to the Ohio Brownfield Fund if redevelopment will result in the improvement of the community and the creation of jobs.
Flynn professionals provide the following redevelopment services:
- General consulting by an Ohio Certified Professional (CP) or Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Geologist (PG)
- Grant and loan Procurement
- Ohio VAP Phase I and Phase II Property Assessments
- PA Site Characterizations
- Risk Assessments and Remedial Action Plans
- Issuance of NFA Letters by our VAP CP under the Ohio VAP
- Interaction with Ohio EPA to obtain Covenant Not to Sue (CNS) under Ohio VAP
- Working with PADEP to obtain liability protection under Act 2
The Ohio EPA Voluntary Action Program (VAP) was created to give individuals a mechanism to investigate possible environmental contamination, clean it up if necessary and receive a promise from the State of Ohio that no more cleanup is needed in the form of a Covenant Not to Sue.
The Clean Ohio Fund provides resources to restore, protect, and connect Ohio’s important natural and urban places by preserving green space and farmland, improving outdoor recreation, and by cleaning up brownfields to encourage redevelopment and revitalize communities.
The Land Recycling Program allows an owner or purchaser of a brownfield site to choose from a combination of cleanup standards to guide the remediation. Once compliance with the selected standard is met, PADEP will issue liability relief for the property.