CURRENTLY SEEKING A REMEDIATION TECHNICIAN
Flynn Environmental Inc. in North Canton, Ohio is seeking an Environmental Remediation System Construction, Operation, and Maintenance Technician.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance with the hands-on construction, installation, operation, troubleshooting, modification, and maintenance of mechanical groundwater and vapor extraction and treatment systems and other remediation systems and equipment, including pumps and blowers;
- Collecting environmental samples (water and vapor) from treatment systems;
- Collecting groundwater samples from monitor wells;
- Assistance with injecting remediation chemicals into the subsurface;
- Supervise contractors on equipment and piping installations;
- Troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC) and using remote monitoring technology;
- Assistance with general facility maintenance;
- Travel to various job sites in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitude, experience, and capabilities;
- Ability to perform physical labor and construction and maintenance activities;
- Must be a team player with very good technical, mechanical, troubleshooting, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills;
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a company vehicle;
- Must be able to wear an air-purifying respirator and pass a DOT physical exam;
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus, and will eventually be required to perform the duties of this position;
- Alcohol/Drug Screening and a Background Check are required;
- Previous experience with environmental remediation systems preferred but not required.
Flynn Environmental offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, prescription, SIMPLE-IRA, bonus plan, paid vacation, and more.
Applicants should submit a resume to Flynn Environmental at Flynn Environmental, Inc., 5640 Whipple Avenue, NW, North Canton, Ohio 44720, Attn: Job Search.
Or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO OTHER POSITIONS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
We are always interested in hearing from qualified individuals who are interested in joining our team and welcome applications from motivated individuals who want to work on a diverse range of environmental projects. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Feel free to send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com describing your qualifications and interests to us at any time.